During Lent we will be holding a Lent Course on Wednesday evenings, 7.30pm beginning on Wednesday 27th February. This year we’re using a course called “Passing The Test” by David Adam which will last six weeks (beginning week before Ash Wednesday). Each evening we will spend time reflecting, being quiet and looking at a Bible passage and thinking about different aspects of Jesus time & temptations in the desert – helping us to journey as individuals and communally through Lent to Easter.
Also everyone is being encouraged to take one of the Christian Aid Lent “Rising Up’ Sheets from church which gives us all something to reflect on and do each day in a practical way as well as as helping to raise funds for those less fortunate than ourselves.
Please make every effort to participate in these activities during this important season in the Church’s year.
further details of our Holy Week and Easter services as follows:
- Monday 15th April, 7.30pm – Holy Week Service (Christ Church, Carrowdore)
- Tuesday 16th April, 7.30pm – Holy Week Service (St. Patrick’s, Millisle)
- Wednesday 17th April, 7.30pm – Holy Week Service (Christ Church, Carrowdore)
- Thursday 18th April, 7.30pm – Informal Communion/celebration of the Last Supper (St. Patrick’s, Millisle)
- Friday 19th April, 2.00pm – Hour at the Cross (Christ Church, Carrowdore) [time of quiet, music and readings as we reflect on the Cross]
- Friday 19th April, 3.15pm-5.00pm Open House at the Rectory for Hot Cross Buns, tea & coffee (15 Kilbright Road)
- Sunday 21st April, 6.00am – Dawn Service (Millisle Community Garden) [followed by breakfast refreshments etc. in Millisle & Ballycopeland Presbyterian Church Hall]
- Sunday 21st April, 10.00am – Easter Family Communion (St. Patrick’s, Millisle)
- Sunday 21st April, 11.30am – Baptism & Easter Family Communion (Christ Church, Carrowdore)